- What is your GOAL in hiring an attorney? What is the RESULT you want?
- Having a go-to person for your general legal questions
- Estate planning,
- End of life care
- What would the client like to have done with their remains after death
- Funeral arrangements
- Life insurance
- What would they like to have happen to the property
- Is there a need to “shield” the property from anything?
- NOTE – there are different wills, trusts, and combinations (ie, tools) available to the attorney to achieve a certain outcome/goal/result
- An example of protecting assets from Medicaid using an “intentionally defective trust”
- Public Service Announcement – everyone should have a “living will”
- you don’t need an attorney to draft a living will
- What might estate planning for someone in their 30s or 40s look like (as compared to the estate planning of someone in their 60s)
- Super useful features of a trust
- If you have kids, you need a will
- How many hours might a couple need to sit down with an attorney and create a will (and approximation of the cost).
- Where might someone store a will (and where NOT to store the will)
- People typically discuss these two broad areas with their attorney: 1) mitigate risk 2) protect assets.
- Should every adult should have a go to attorney just as they have a go to primary care provider?
- An attorney’s perspectives on finding a generalist attorney
- What topics might a generalist attorney NOT cover
- Employment (labor law)
- Broad differences between large and small attorney firms
- What do clients NOT do that might be really great to help you find a generalist attorney
Item Of The Episode
Support the growth of the community and ensuring IKC remains viable with a contribution through Patreon……..starting at $1 per month.
Join us on discord to chat in real time with the hosts as well as members of the tactical and liberty community. Our community that shares and creates content and knowledge on an almost 24/7 schedule! A very positive place with lots of good people, and growing!